A drone crashed into the same Moscow high-rise early Tuesday, the second time the Russian building had been targeted by drones in two days.
Russian authorities accused Ukraine of the latest attack, calling it an act of terrorism.
Ukrainian Presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak tweeted, “Moscow is rapidly getting used to a full-fledged war….Everything that will happen in Russia is an objective historical process. More unidentified drones, more collapse, more civil conflicts, more war.” He did not confirm or deny the attack on the high-rise.
Podolyak’s assertion comes after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said over the weekend that the more-than 17-month-old war is “gradually returning” to Russia, while Yurii Ihnat, spokesperson for Ukraine’s Air Force said the drone attacks were aimed at having a psychological impact on everyday Russians who have so far not felt the effects of their country’s February 2022 invasion of its sovereign neighbor.
Just past midnight Eastern Time Tuesday in the U.S., retired Army Gen. Barry McCaffrey tweeted, “Ukraine [is] fully justified in going after Moscow.”
The high-rise, known as the “IQ quarter,” houses three Russian government ministries: the ministry of economic development, the digital ministry and the ministry of industry and trade. Apparently, no one was hurt in this latest drone strike.
Over the weekend, a three-drone attack inside Russia briefly shut down one of Moscow’s airports and injured one person.
According to Russian media there have been 162 reports of drones made to Moscow law enforcement agencies in the past day, though only seven of them were confirmed.